Sunday, July 7, 2013

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With Strings... Or Yarn... Or Jute... Or Burlap...

I don't mean to brag or anything, but I am exceptionally good at wrapping cylindrical objects. Whether it be bottles in jute, mason jars in yarn, or pigs in blankets, you hand me a cylindrical object and I will wrap that bad boy. Here are a few examples of my mad skillz:

Beer bottles wrapped in shades of blue. This is all yarn that I got on the cheap from either Value Village or Dollar Tree.


 This would be a soup can wrapped in candy canes. How cute is this idea for Christmas?!?! I luuuuurve it.


Glass vases from the Dollar Tree, with twigs hot glued to the outside.


I got this cheapo little bucket at Dollar Tree. It's lime green with bunnies on it... I think it was supposed to be an Easter basket. Why so cute, you ask? Because I smothered it in jute and a healthy dose of hot glue, inside and out. It now lives on my dresser and holds my sunglasses (because it's a little too small for oranges.)


Another soup can, this time with pencils hot glued around the outside, and a big ribbon. Such a cute decoration for a classroom, or gift for a teacher! (Although, as a teacher, can I just tell you that these cutesie gifts are adorable, but if there was a gift card inside, we wouldn't turn our collective nose up at it.) This little bouquet sits on my desk at work. If you want to make some tissue paper peonies, follow this tutorial.


Spaghetti sauce jars, my friend, spaghetti sauce jars. A little yarn here, a little jute there, a few burlap flowers stuck on sticks, and you got yourself a party. Or, you know... a centerpiece. It'd also make a cute votive candle holder.

Although I'm exceptionally gifted, not everyone's talent lies in wrapping things in string.What's your special skill?

<3 Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment